Technical Sales Support Specialist Job Description
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven Technical Sales Support Specialist (TSSS) to join our fantastic sales team. Responsibilities include conducting market research and analyzing trends, performing product demonstrations to staff and customers, gathering feedback, facilitating training sessions, as well as assisting with new product launches in-person or virtually.
To be successful as a Technical Sales Support Specialist, you must have a passion for the products you work with and keep expanding product knowledge. An outstanding TSSS should have a keen eye for spotting market trends, a willingness to inspire clients, and the ability to work both independently and within a team.
NuTech Group’s HQ is located in Montgomeryville, PA and our ideal candidate would live in the Middle Atlantic region (Eastern PA, MD, DE, DC area).
- Conducting thorough market research, which may include taking surveys, doing online or in-person research, sending emails and making calls, and competitor product analysis
- Providing tech support and answering all product-related questions in a polite manner and addressing queries promptly
- Collaborating and strategizing with the sales and engineering teams of vendors
- Attending workshops and refresher courses in sales, marketing, and AV technology
- Planning and assisting with new product releases and events
- Performing in-person and virtual product demonstrations for end-users, dealers, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Assisting with the development of business plans
- Scheduling training sessions, outreach to dealers, and attending meetings as required.
- Creating onboarding process and training dealers for a given vendor
- Focusing on building “NuTech Brand Champions” within the dealer base
- Identifying new market opportunities and relaying this information to the outside sales team and other relevant stakeholders
- Making helpful product recommendations and suggestions to increase revenue
- Weekly updates to field reps regarding dealer activity in the territory
- Assisting field reps with their dealers (product questions, presentations, training, system design, demos, etc.)
- Creating product videos on best practices, tips and tricks, and tech tips
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or similar
- Extensive experience in retail, sales, or customer service in the AV industry would be advantageous
- Ability to memorize details like product specifications
- Articulate and able to perform demonstrations that engage and inspire in person and virtually
- Deadline-driven, and willing to work after hours
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, as well as great telephone etiquette
- A strong growth mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Zoom/Microsoft Teams, Windows, and Mac iOS is a plus or willingness to learn.
- Programming experience or willingness to learn
- Any AV industry certifications such as CTS, CEDIA Outreach, and other vendor certifications is a plus.
Send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.